Location: Curated by Cransley, The Horsemarket, Kettering
Time Commitment: Various – Can be discussed on application.
Responsible to: Ecommerce Coordinator
Cransley Hospice Trust is passionate about high quality hospice and end of life care being available to all. We are committed to raising funds that will support and develop the delivery of these services for our local community in North Northamptonshire.
The specialist end of life care provided both at ‘Cransley Hospice,’ and to patients in their own home through the ‘Hospice at Home’ service meets the physical, psychological, spiritual and social needs of the patient, their family and loved ones.
Our fundraising income comes primarily from dedicated and loyal supporters and the public in our community. In order to continue this level of care and future services, we need to increase our fundraising from £1.4m to £2m over the next 5 years.
Visit the website for additional information about the services provided and the current fundraising activities: www.cransleyhospice.org.uk
To enable us to continue to grow the level of income raised, we are developing our online retail offering, through commercial channels such as eBay and Depop, as well as via our own website.
We are seeking a highly organised and motivated volunteer to assist us with our eCommerce initiative on a flexible basis.
The role will be varied and interesting – with new challenges every week depending on the stock we receive in-store. Our ideal volunteer needs to have some basic computer literacy and have the same desire as we do to ‘surprise and delight’ our customers with an outstanding experience when they purchase from us, so that they will be happy to shop again.
- Steaming and/or dressing products ready for photography by the eCommerce Coordinator.
- Organising stock and identifying key pieces for each of our eCommerce channels (eBay, Depop and our own website).
- Photographing bric a brac items and uploading photographs.
- Using your knowledge to advise and input on new stock, in order to improve listings and maximise income raised from each item.
- General support to the eCommerce Coordinator.
What’s in it for me?
- Be involved in an exciting and rapidly growing area of the charity.
- Develop your fundraising skills.
- Learn new eCommerce and fashion retail skills.
- Meet new people – our #CransleyCrew are the best!
- Give back to a local charity who support people in our community.
- Learn new transferable skills.
- Improve your CV. We’re happy to write recommendations to help those who help us!
- Organisation and attention to detail.
- Some computer literacy: You may be required to print address labels for customer orders and update a basic spreadsheet.
- Experience of listing to an e-bay site is desirable.
- A basic level of retail knowledge would be useful, but not essential.
- Enthusiasm and passion to help us grow!
Please note: A DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Cransley Hospice Trust is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales.
Registered number: 08102611. Registered charity number: 1151018. Registered office: John Notley House, St Mary’s Hospital, London Road, Kettering, NN15 7PW.