Could you use your customer service, interpersonal skills and self-motivation to support our shops?
We provide a friendly welcoming environment for customers and staff and we take pride that the shops are well stocked and presented well.
Shop duties include:
- Welcoming customers.
- Accepting donated goods from customers.
- Obtaining Gift Aid support from customers donating goods.
- Using the till and handling money in accordance with set procedures.
- Sorting and hanging of donated stock.
- Steaming of clothes (after appropriate training).
- Keeping all areas clean, tidy, and clear.
- Taking of rubbish to bins in close vicinity.
- Helping with shop displays.
What are the advantages for me?
- Develop customer service skills
- Meet new people
- Stay active
- Add value to your local community
- Learn new transferable skills
- Improve your CV
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Organised and tidy
- Ability to handle money
- Retail Shop Volunteers are required to comply with Fire Procedures and Departmental Safety policies.
Training and Support:
You’ll meet with the Retail Shop Manager and receive appropriate training for the work.
Cransley Hospice Trust has a vital place at the heart of the community helping people to be as comfortable as they can during the final stages of their life and supporting their families through this very difficult time. The team of specialist doctors, nurses and therapists focus on helping patients to enjoy the best quality of life possible, offering emotional and practical support, providing suitable treatments and therapies and, when the time comes, providing the best care to ensure a comfortable and dignified death.
A DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Please click below to register your interest and receive the full job description and volunteer application form.
Closing Date: ASAP