Location: Cransley Hospice Coffee Shop – Horsemarket Kettering (opposite the bus stop)
Time Commitment: Coffee Shop Volunteers will normally work for a period of no more than 4 hours on a weekly or bi weekly basis.
Responsible to: Coffee Shop Manager
Cransley Hospice Trust has a vital place at the heart of the community helping people to be as comfortable as they can during the final stages of their life and supporting their families at this difficult time. We provide specialist palliative care services for people diagnosed with terminal cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout north Northampton shire. Our purpose built nine bed adult in-patient unit in Kettering admits over 250 patients a year on short stays or for end-of-life care. Our team of specialist doctors, nurses and therapists focus on helping patients to enjoy the best quality of life possible – controlling their pain and other symptoms, offering emotional and practical support, providing suitable treatments and therapies and, when the time comes, providing the best care to ensure a comfortable and dignified death. We also do all that we can to support a patient’s family during their loved-one’s illness and in their bereavement.
Could you use your customer service, interpersonal skills and self-motivation to support the Fundraising team in our Cransley Hospice Coffee Shop? We provide a friendly welcoming environment for customers with an appealing menu.
Coffee Shop duties include:
- Welcoming customers
- Preparing and serving snacks and drinks once trained to do so.
- Clearing tables
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Taking prepared food to customers
- Keeping the food preparation and serving areas clean in accordance with standard cleaning procedures
- Using the till and handling money in accordance with set procedure.
- Maintaining hygiene standards in accordance with mandatory Food Hygiene training.
- Taking of rubbish to bins in close vicinity
- Catering experience would be preferred but not essential
What’s in it for me?
- Develop customer service skills
- Develop catering skills
- Meet new people
- Stay active
- Add value to your local community
- Learn new transferable skills
- Improve your CV
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Organised and tidy
- Ability to handle money
- Coffee Shop Volunteers are required to comply with Fire Procedures and Departmental Safety Policy.
Training and Support: You’ll meet with the Coffee Shop Manager and receive training relevant to the activities you will participate in.
A DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.