Location: Kettering and surrounding area
Time Commitment: Flexible
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
Cransley Hospice Trust has a vital place at the heart of the community helping people to be as comfortable as they can during the final stages of their life and supporting their families at this difficult time. We provide specialist palliative care services for people diagnosed with terminal cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout north Northampton shire. Our purpose built nine bed adult in-patient unit in Kettering admits over 250 patients a year on short stays or for end-of-life care. Our team of specialist doctors, nurses and therapists focus on helping patients to enjoy the best quality of life possible – controlling their pain and other symptoms, offering emotional and practical support, providing suitable treatments and therapies and, when the time comes, providing the best care to ensure a comfortable and dignified death. We also do all that we can to support a patient’s family during their loved-one’s illness and in their bereavement.
Could you use your confidence and self-motivation to support the fundraising team to promote Cransley Hospice Trust to businesses in your community? This would involve researching businesses, participating in developing funding proposals and applications and supporting the Regional Fundraising Manager delivering pitches for Charity of the Year partnerships.
- Research on potential corporate funding opportunities
- Delivering a presentation to a business in your local area
- Be a local contact for existing and new corporate partnerships
- Approaching businesses for charity of the year, employee support and donations
What’s in it for me?
- Develop presentation skills
- Develop business networks
- Add value to you local community
- Learn new transferable skills
- Improve your CV
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Organised and methodical
- Negotiating and influencing
Training and Support: You’ll meet with your Fundraising Manager and receive training relevant to the activities you would most like to participate in.
A DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.