Location: Kettering and surrounding area
Time Commitment: Flexible
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
Cransley Hospice Trust has a vital place at the heart of the community helping people to be as comfortable as they can during the final stages of their life and supporting their families at this difficult time. We provide specialist palliative care services for people diagnosed with terminal cancer and other life-limiting illnesses throughout north Northampton shire. Our purpose built nine bed adult in-patient unit in Kettering admits over 250 patients a year on short stays or for end-of-life care. Our team of specialist doctors, nurses and therapists focus on helping patients to enjoy the best quality of life possible – controlling their pain and other symptoms, offering emotional and practical support, providing suitable treatments and therapies and, when the time comes, providing the best care to ensure a comfortable and dignified death. We also do all that we can to support a patient’s family during their loved-one’s illness and in their bereavement.
Could you use your flair and self motivation to support the Fundraising team to promote Cransley Hospice Trust in your community. This could involve running a stall at an event, speaking on behalf of Cransley Hospice to potential supporters, attending cheque presentations or putting up posters. You would have the opportunity to organise events and engage your community in supporting us.
- Support local fundraising and awareness events
- Manning a stall at an event
- Helping at a sports event being held for Cransley Hospice
- Putting up posters or handing out flyers
- Delivering a presentation to a school in your local area
- Attending cheque presentations
- Be a local contact for existing and new volunteers
- Approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations
What’s in it for me?
- Develop fundraising skills
- Develop Event Management skills
- Meet new people
- Stay active
- Add value to you local community
- Learn new transferable skills
- Improve your CV
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Organised and methodical
- Negotiating and influencing
- Ability to handle money
Training and Support: You’ll meet with your Fundraising Manager and receive training relevant to the activities you would most like to participate in.
A DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.