- 23rd June 2019
By popular demand, Cycle for Cransley – Kettering’s only cycling sportive – is back for 2019!
With four exhilarating and picturesque routes through the rolling Northampton countryside, this incredible cycling challenge offers something for all ages and abilities.
There’s a 10-mile, 25-mile, 50-mile and (new for 2019) a fantastic 63-mile (100km) fondo to choose from! All rides will begin from the ‘Kettering Rugby Club’.
Thanks to generous support from our Headline sponsors ‘KLM Taxis’ and ‘Tollers Solicitors’, the event will be bigger and better than ever before.
We’re offering energising feed stations on the 25-mile, 50-mile and 63-mile routes, as well as a new and improved Event Village, with mouth-watering catering, fabulous live entertainment and thrilling activities for younger cyclists. Event partner ‘C&D Cycles’ will be on-site for all your biking needs and last-minute repairs. Once more there will be a fabulous medal for every finisher!
Still not convinced? Take a look at how last year’s event rolled-out…
Sponsorship is actively encouraged and we have a fantastic treat to motivate all riders! Simply raise over £150 and we will reward you with an exclusive Cycle for Cransley jersey to wear and enjoy!
Tickets are priced at £10 (10-mile), £15 (25-mile), £20 (50-mile) and £25 (Fondo/63-mile) Under 16’s are just £5 on any route, but must ride with a responsible adult.
What are you waiting for? Tickets are strictly limited by the safety capacity for the event and are not expected to last for long! Sign up TODAY!
Get your tickets HERE
Please note that online entries will close at 15:00 on Friday 21st June. We will be accepting entries on the day, subject to event capacity.
We are excited to officially share this year’s Cycle for Cransley ride routes with our cyclists!
Cransley Family FunSpin (10) https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/25063474
Cransley Cruise (25) https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/18560145
Fun Filled Fifty (50) https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/18560039
Cransley Fondo (63) https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/25067007
Essential Event Day Information
• Free Car parking is available at Kettering Rugby Club
• Please arrive at the event in plenty of time to allow for registration
• Registration AND Start times are staggered according to route:
o 63 Miles – Registration 07:30am – Depart 08:00am
o 50 Miles – Registration 08:00am – Depart 08:30am
o 25 Miles – Registration 08:30am – Depart 09:00am
o 10 Miles – Registration 09:00am – Depart 09:30am
• Tea and Coffee will be available for purchase at registration
• There will be a feed station half-way on the 25, 50 and 63-mile routes serving homemade cakes and water, this is free to cyclists only. Watch out for the signs to ensure you don’t miss out!
• There are no official toilets on any of the routes.
• The event officially ends at 16:00 and event marshals will be called in at this time. If you decide to stop off en-route and complete the rest of the ride later, this will be at your own risk. Medals can still be collected from our Fundraising Office the following week (call 01536 452 423 to arrange collection)
Health & Safety Information
• The event is not timed. It is not a race, so please pace yourself appropriately and enjoy the scenery en-route
• Please be aware that event signage may have been tampered with. Although there will be event marshalls, we recommend downloading the race route as a back-up
• Please stay hydrated. We suggest bringing a water bottle with you for the event
• Please ride single file on public roads
• It is compulsory to wear a helmet when riding in the event
• It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure their bike is roadworthy – C&D Cycles will be on-hand at registration to assist with any last minute repairs
• There may be pot-holes en-route. Please take care
• Triathlon bikes are not permitted at the event
• Please bring any medical essentials with you, such as inhalers or epi-pens
• There will be no bag-drop facilities, please leave valuables at home or locked in your car
Kettering Rugby Club